Congrats to Linda — Passed Stateboard! Welcome to the (licensed) world of Esthetics! Good luck in San Diego in BIG Lecture Classes — slightly different than esthetics class!:)
The evening estheticians students would like to thank the speakers who have visited our class — we have learned SO much from you!
- Dr. Perkins of Evolutions Medical Spa — did a Botox demo for us and discussed muscles in the face! Just say NO to wrinkles!
- Sherrie Bitts Dawkins of Cherubs Aromatherapy in Ojai — presented a beautiful lecture on essential oils — Rose heals our heartache and Jasmine can help us “woo” someone:)!
- Jazz from Stateboard — “tell it like it is” attitude — Jazz was insightful for stateboard practical!
- Andrea from Glo Cosmetics — WOW! We learned so much and loved sampling!
- Francie at Youngblood, Allyson from True Cosmetics, Dermalogica, Murad
- Ann, Dietician — we need to know how our diet affects our skin! Ann you were SO sweet and SMART (hard for us to keep up with the dietician lingo, but I think we got it!)
Our Speakers really add to the value of our education … and we really appreciate your time and effort!
We are now studying Advanced Therapy Treatments such as Aromatherapy (essential oils), Algotherapy (Algae), Hydrotherapy (water) and Affusion Therapy (Shower). Body treatments such as body wraps and scrubs are also part of our curriculum. Students enjoyed making homemade bodyscrubs this week! — Sugar, essential oils, jojoba oil, olive oil, vanilla and herbs made for wonderful smelling classroom! Each student named their scrub too. Winner of the best name was Jackie — “Your Lavender Fantasies” was the name of her scrub and the best aroma goes to Kendall!